Shrimp spring rolls: Delicious specialties of Binh Dinh
Shrimp spring rolls are delicious specialties of Binh Dinh, The Land of Martial Arts. The food is simple, easy to prepare, and not too fussy, but it still attracts diners with delectable taste.
The origin of the Shrimp spring rolls
Binh Dinh Shrimp spring rolls originate from the central countryside of Vietnam. Today, the dish is widely popularized in the country. Large restaurants or family restaurants have this delicious and rustic dish.
This dish is called Shrimp spring rolls because the rolls are cut short according to the size of the shrimp and are usually about the size of a thumb.
After rolling, the chef will fry it in a pan until golden brown inside and out. Local people call it the intimate name of Binh Dinh Shrimp spring rolls.
Ingredients to prepare Binh Dinh Shrimp spring rolls
To make your homemade Shrimp spring rolls, you need a few ingredients, such as:
- 200 grams Sand shrimp
- 200 grams Bacon (Shrimp spring rolls use ground pork to multiply, so people often mistake it for Shrimp-and-Pork Spring Rolls)
- Grilled rice paper with ram (special Binh Dinh dew-dried rice paper)
- Spices (Sugar, Chili, Garlic, Salt, Fish sauce)
How to make Shrimp spring rolls at home
Simple to make with easy-to-find ingredients. However, not everyone can make a delicious dish of Binh Dinh quality.
Here is a simple step-by-step guide to help you make your Shrimp spring rolls at home.
- Sand shrimp washed, remove the head, peel off the outer shell, and pull out the black thread on the back of the shrimp, remember to leave the tail part.
- If the shrimp is larger, you can cut it into two and then roll, mix the shrimp with 1 ⁄ 2 tablespoons of salt, monosodium glutamate, and a little pepper.
- Place it in the refrigerator for 10 – 20 minutes to infuse the spices.
- Wash the pork belly, cut it into pieces and marinate it with spices. A thinly sliced purple onion is okay with a bit of dry sun.
How to roll Shrimp spring rolls?
- Prepare a clean tray and roll the rolls.
- Prepare a bowl of water to wash the rice paper. You can add a few slices of lemon to the water, so the rolls will be golden and more fragrant when fried.
- If you want the rolled edge not to be torn when frying, you can use egg yolk and then wrap it.
- The rice paper is dipped in water to dry. Roll it up wherever you go, or the rice paper will be crushed, put in the cake one shrimp, a little fatty meat marinated with the above ingredients, and a few purple onions.
- Hold the edge of the cake and then roll it slowly to the remaining rim, then beat the egg yolk in 1 layer and roll again.
- Arrange the rolls on a plate and then roll them up to the end of the ingredients.
How to fry Shrimp spring rolls?
- Put the pan on the stove, then pour the oil in so that the oil covers the whole shrimp roll.
- At this time, keep the heat high, and when the chopsticks are inserted, air bubbles occur, and the oil has boiled. Next, you should lower the fire to avoid the crackling.
- Use chopsticks to put the patties into the oil pan quickly, turn the rolls until golden brown, then turn them over when they are evenly browned to get the old heat.
- When the rolls are soft, take them out, place them on absorbent paper, and put them on a plate.
How to make the best sauce with Shrimp spring rolls
The dipping sauce, as does the Shrimp spring rolls, determines whether the dish is delicious.
So the way to prepare the dipping sauce must be standard and bold to make the dish more eye-catching. To have 1 cup of sweet and sour fish sauce dipped in Shrimp spring rolls, you need to prepare the following:
- Fish sauce: 4 tablespoons
- White sugar: 80 grams
- Minced garlic: 10 grams
- Minced chili: 5 grams
- Lemon: 30 grams
- Water: 8 tablespoons
You must mix eight tablespoons of filtered water with 80 grams of white sugar, four tablespoons of fish sauce and add to a small bowl.
Then gently stir until the sugar is completely dissolved. Mix minced garlic, ground chili with lemon juice, and stir again.
What should you eat with Shrimp spring rolls?
The most delicious and loved food here is eaten with some vegetables. You should take a rice paper roll with a spring roll with vegetables and dip it with sweet and sour garlic chili sauce or peanut sauce.
Gourmets will add some sour mango and cucumber and roll them together. Adding to the crispy aroma is a slight sourness and salty fish sauce.
Notes to have the most delicious Shrimp Spring rolls
- Sand shrimp should be used fresh, the best is freshly caught, and the meat is fragrant and sweet. It is best to use the whole shrimp to wrap. If the shrimp is large, it should be split into 2.
- Binh Dinh shrimp spring rolls do not need to prepare as many ingredients as some other spring rolls, just plain shrimp and minced pork fat.
- Rolled rice paper is a type of rice paper that is dried in Binh Dinh dew. The rice paper will have better toughness than many other types of rice paper.
- When rolling, you should not roll too tightly, because when frying, the ingredients inside will not be fully cooked, or if your hands are too loose, the ingredients will be scattered.
Bạn đã đọc xong bài viết Shrimp spring rolls: Delicious specialties of Binh Dinh, hãy tham khảo thêm các bài viết khác cùng chuyên mục Recipes nhé!